Sunday, October 7, 2007

eXpress on the Dance floor

Grease Liiiiiightning!!

No matter how my day has been, one thing's for sure- dancing will bring my spirits up(a lot depends on the dj and the music). Sad, angry, frustrated, happy- gimme good music and space to dance, I'll be like a man(or woman) who won a lottery.

Who needs alcohol, when you can get high on music.

I've always had friends who enjoy moving and grooving. So getting company on the dance floor hasnt been too hard. We can go on and on and on for about three to four hours at a stretch (again I must point, all this depends on the DJ and his music). If you look at it, a DJ is capable of even spoiling your night. Imagine- all geared to groove and then he starts to play 'coco jambo' and you're wondering if you're at a disc or at some children's camp. All your expectations down in the drain and you wonder what option to take:
a. dance like you enjoy it
b. sit down and whine about the music
c. ask (i mean, BEG) the dj to change the music
d. walk out though the boys have paid quite a bit for cover
(Option 'd' has never happened in the last four years I've gone dancing)

A typical day at work, I've got my headphones on, listening to some 'groovy' music, want to dance but cant- what do I do? The next best thing after tapping my fingers and shaking my head, I imagine myself dancing. The best part about doing that is I can imagine myself do steps I know for sure that I cant do for real. :D

A Misconception about dancing- ask someone to dance and they say they dont know how to dance.
We're not asking you to do the salsa. Dancing is moving to the music in anyway you like to do so. You could be kicking your legs in the air (to the music and not to hurt anyone) and that can be called dancing. I typed 'what is dance' on google and here's what i got :

1.
Refers to movement used as a form of expression, social interaction or presented in a spiritual form;

2. The one I love most "
an artistic form of nonverbal communication" - An amazing definition!! An artistic form of eXpressing yourself...

Note: here's another result I came across for the same search '
Dance is also a road that can that can quickly lead to injury if the body is not treated properly.' *Ouch*


No comments: