Sunday, October 7, 2007

eXpress on Board

I aint a fan of empty boards.

During school days, I always felt the need to contribute to writing on the board. My hands would always go up when the teacher needed a student to write something or even if she didnt, I'd do the usual 'no. of students present or absent.' As I grew older, it seemed kiddish to count the number of students, so I found quotes to write on the board. I must point that it was greatly appreciated by teachers (though I wonder if any of my classmates bothered to read 'em.)

Years have passed and I have moved on... Moved on to better things like scribbling on white boards. At work, everyone's got em by their tables. As I mentioned earlier, "I aint a fan of empty boards" (that stands true for white boards as well). Some people like to leave it sparkling white but then we would not be completing its purpose if we didnt add something to it. So I take the initiative and dress their boards with the best thing I know... My name!! :) If I have a fancy pet name for them (which would most likely embarrass them), then I wouldn't mind putting that down.

I take every opportunity I have to scribble something or the other on someone's board (empty or not- I just need some space to make a difference). Adding to that, I have to force friends not to rub em off. Guess noone values true art!

If you're wondering about the condition of my board, all I can say is that if anyone else wishes to do the same for me, they wont find the space. :D

1 comment:

Zareer K'Maneck said...

Ms. Piggy Guess what all your scribbling (ahem, fine art) have faded with time. but i took neat pics of all of them and see them quite often..... Now I have a caption for those pics as well "Ms Piggy's million dollar piece.